|Institute of General and Applied Biology|
|Additional and continuing education|
|Scientific production centers|
Institute of General and Applied Biology
Institute of General and Applied Biology
The Institute of General and Applied Biology of the Oguz Khan University of Engineering and Technology of the Turkmen Academy of Sciences of Turkmenistan was established on the basis of the Resolution of the President of the Republic of Turkmenistan dated January 29, 2019 No. I088.
The Institute of General and Applied Biology of the Oguz Khan University of Engineering and Technology of Turkmenistan is a specialized scientific institution for the development of biological sciences, the study of flora and fauna with natural resources.
The main purpose of the institute is to study the fields of science in general biology, cell biology, molecular biology, genetics, biotechnology, bioengineering, bioinformatics, ecology, natural sciences, flora and fauna, biochemistry, biochemistry, biochemistry, biochemistry to conduct fundamental and applied scientific research on the protection and rational use of the fauna, the proper conduct of selection and breeding activities of agricultural crops and livestock, the creation of new species.
A total of 6 (six) laboratories have been set up at the institute. They are:
1. Biodiversity Laboratory of Turkmenistan
2. Laboratory of Physico-Chemical Analysis of Biochemistry and Biomaterials.
3. Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Genetics.
4. Microbiology Lab.
5. Biotechnology Lab.
6. Applied Biology Lab.
According to the program of socio-economic development of the President of Turkmenistan for 2019-2025 by the scientists of our Institute, the main task of the institute was to assess the current state of plants and study their beneficial properties in natural conditions at different levels;
thorough study, analysis, analysis, regulation, systematization of the flora of our country;
study of the biochemical, physico-chemical composition, structure, nutritional and medicinal properties of plants and biomaterials derived from plants;
to identify biologically active substances based on the results obtained on the basis of scientific research, to develop methods for their extraction, to identify their uses and to establish their production;
Research work has been done to increase the production of medicinal plants through biotechnology methods.
The institute also conducts a study of the flora, fauna, biochemical, physico-chemical composition, structure, nutritional and medicinal properties of our country based on the multi-volume work of the President of Turkmenistan "Medicinal plants of Turkmenistan":
extraction of glycerol from the root of the dye and crystallization of the obtained product,
extracts from the extract of buya,
healing essential oils of wormwood, juniper, pomegranate,
research has been done to obtain starch from plants that store starch.
In addition, dry biomass of Trichoderma viride, which is in the biosystem for agricultural crops, was obtained from soil microorganisms. The antioxidant products of this microorganism have a positive effect on the biochemical phenomena of plants (to enhance metabolism, increase seed germination, accelerate growth, increase the accumulation of reserve substances). In this biosystem, it is used not only for conservation measures, but also for the preparation of soil for sowing, dispersion of various plant residues, and the conversion of organic matter into easily digestible forms.
Mushrooms are also one of the newest emerging industries in agriculture in our country. In the food industry, mushroom mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus) and traditional mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus) were grown and grown under laboratory conditions to produce products that would replace foreign mushroom mushrooms and create abundance of food.
One of the main tasks of the Institute is to create and maintain herbal reserves and genetic reserves of plants. To date, a total of 2319 species belonging to 696 breeds have been collected from a total of 113 families of herbarium specimens. Herbarium is a state fund for the conservation of plant specimens, which is supplemented, formalized and intended for long-term conservation. For the first time, an electronic version of the National Herbarium Fund is being prepared for the collection of collected plants.
In addition to basic research at our Institute of General and Applied Biology, 2 dictionaries have been prepared for universities, namely Glossary of General Biology and Dictionary of Ecology in 3 languages. The following cotton varieties have been prepared for production and submitted to the Scientific and Technical Council of the relevant Ministry:
1. A production test was carried out in 2017 on the farm of the Sayat Scientific and Production Experimental Center of the new medium-sized cotton "Arkach-130" variety under the co-operation of O. Ashirova. According to the results of the production test, it was put into production by the decision of the meeting of the Scientific and Technical Council under the Ministry of Agriculture and Environment of Turkmenistan (June 2019).
2. According to the results of the production test of the medium-fiber cotton variety "Ashgabat-140" of the newly created cotton, co-authored by ShG Baymuradov, it was put into production by the decision of the meeting of the Scientific and Technical Council under the Ministry of Agriculture and Environment of Turkmenistan (April 2021).
The following restrictive patents have also been obtained for production:
1. G.T. Date of registration in the State Register of Limited Liability Patent No. 847 of Kadyrov's invention "Method of cultivation of Azolla caroliniana (Azolla caroliniana Wild., Azollaceae) in harsh continental climatic conditions" 31.03.2021. 10 years of patent validity (01.04.2019-01.04.2029)
2. Date of registration in the State Register of the Limited Patent of the invention No. 875 of G.T. 10 years of patent validity (12.02.2020-12.02.2030)
The results of the work of scientists of the Institute of General and Applied Biology of the Oguz Khan University of Engineering and Technology of the Academy of Sciences of Turkmenistan of Turkmenistan have been published in the collection of abstracts, scientific journals of the international scientific conference held in our country, as well as in the daily press.